What if your tooth is knocked out? What if you swallow a tooth? What if you bite your cheek? Our guide to Dental Emergency provides the information you need to know to make a smart decision. Read this blog to know if you need to see an Emergency dentist in Edison.
Accidents happen in the dental office, and knowing what to do in the event of one can make the difference between saving or losing a tooth.
Some Suggestions for Emergency Dental Care In Edison:
- Maintain constant moistness for a knocked-out permanent or adult tooth. Try to replace the tooth in the socket without contacting the root if possible. If that's not an option, put it between your cheek and gums, in milk, or get to the Emergency Dental Clinic in Edison.
- If you have a cracked tooth, clean the area with warm water right away. Apply cold compresses to the face to reduce swelling.
- Clean your tongue or lip gently with water and apply a cold compress if you bite your tongue or lip and if bleeding persists get to the Emergency Dentist Edison NJ.
- To relieve toothaches, rinse your mouth with warm water. Remove any food caught between the teeth with dental floss. Do not use aspirin to relieve tooth or gum pain.
- If you have an object trapped in your mouth, consider gently removing it using floss rather than using sharp or pointed equipment.
- It's critical to see your Emergency dentist in Edison as soon as possible if you have a dental emergency.
- Here are some basic steps you can take to avoid a dental mishap or injury:
- When participating in sports or recreational activities, wear a mouthguard, you can get one from your nearest Emergency Dental Clinic in Edison.
- Chewing ice, popcorn kernels, and hard candy can all cause a tooth to crack.
- To cut things, use scissors rather than your teeth.
- Most dentists schedule time for emergency patients in their daily routines. Call your dentist and be as specific as possible about your problem.
Your Emergency Dentist Edison NJ has the experience and skills to help you get your toothache and dental emergencies fixed. They offer emergency dental care to help with your toothache, pain, and discomfort. They are a family-friendly practice that can also handle all of your dental needs. From cleanings to root canals.